There was a big gap from last post since I started working on my second blog..Meanwhile, my son is growing really fast, and every day is a challenge to keep my pace with him :-)
But then I wanted to list out all my interesting experiences of past before I move to the present.. So here are some more things I followed as routine during my pregnancy. I am sure these few small tips will help you enjoy your most precious time more!!
Fighting Morning Sickness
As such I did not face much morning sickness. But initial few weeks having food was so much difficulty for me.. Food that I used to love also was not helping me satisfy my taste buds :-(
If you face similar situation, try out adding different Chatanies (dry and wet) to your meal..I used to have office food only, because there was no one to help me and found it tough to cook in the morning, so I used to carry these Chatanies with me Also keep a packet of homemade salted sounf mix with you and chew it frequently. I will post the sounf mix on my kitechen-katta soon..
As such I did not face much morning sickness. But initial few weeks having food was so much difficulty for me.. Food that I used to love also was not helping me satisfy my taste buds :-(
If you face similar situation, try out adding different Chatanies (dry and wet) to your meal..I used to have office food only, because there was no one to help me and found it tough to cook in the morning, so I used to carry these Chatanies with me Also keep a packet of homemade salted sounf mix with you and chew it frequently. I will post the sounf mix on my kitechen-katta soon..
Swelling of feet
Drink water..plenty of water... I used to drink almost 8-9 bottles in a day
And as my job involves lot of sitting, going for filling my bottle every hour would give me nice break!! This in fact helped me from not developing the swelling on my feet.. I also used to put a pillow below my feet while sleeping at night and used to follow simple feet rotating exercise whenever possible..while sitting in my office chair...These small steps helped me keep away the swelling..
Drink water..plenty of water... I used to drink almost 8-9 bottles in a day
And as my job involves lot of sitting, going for filling my bottle every hour would give me nice break!! This in fact helped me from not developing the swelling on my feet.. I also used to put a pillow below my feet while sleeping at night and used to follow simple feet rotating exercise whenever possible..while sitting in my office chair...These small steps helped me keep away the swelling..
Also my gynac suggested me to drink Barley water every morning to avoid swelling of feet. Though I hunted a lot for Barley here in Bangalore ( and also to know the Marathi name for it!!) I found this pearl Barley in M.K Retail store...and with same name on packet (no local name:-))
For making barley water, soak one table spoon barley in 2 cup water overnight. Next day morning, boil the water with barley and drain and drink the water when lukewarm. Also buttermilk made in barley water tastes good.
For making barley water, soak one table spoon barley in 2 cup water overnight. Next day morning, boil the water with barley and drain and drink the water when lukewarm. Also buttermilk made in barley water tastes good.
I even switched to low sodium salt towards seventh month of my pregnancy.
Hunger pangs and food carvings
In later stages of pregnancy it was more food carvings unlike the earlier..
In later stages of pregnancy it was more food carvings unlike the earlier..
Doctors suggested to have 4-5 small portions of food instead 2 large meals..but was wondering what to eat 4-5 times and that too healthy food???
Here are few idea on some power snacks that you can try on
Dry fruits and nuts was on number one when I thought of power snack. Always carry some with you when commuting to office, and also keep some in your office drawer so that you can chew on it whenever feeling hungry.
Second on list is fresh fruits (except papaya) , I had almost all fresh and seasonal fruits. Next choice was fresh fruit juices..lucky I, that we get them in office juice-junction, but when I travelled to places where I could not get fresh juice handy, I preferred Tropicana as these not contain any added colors.
Occasionally Multigrain/whole grain biscuits and crackers, corn flakes and oats and rarely some Haldiram snacks also made it to my list though whenever I chose any of these I ensured it does not contain artificial/added colors..
Here are few things you should avoid if you are planning to eat outside or eat any ready to eat food items:
1. Make sure the food is prepared hygienically
2. Make sure the food does not contain any artificial/added color or preservatives
3. Do not forget to check on the mfg date and expiry dates
4. If you suffer from high sugar, then don't forget to check on sugar contains or added sugar for caned juices
Hope these small tips help you to enjoy your precious time more...I sign off till the time I write my next post on Hospital hunt and admission :-)
(My son A is growing so fast, I wanna catch up on those interesting things here soon..so next post planned to be last one on pregnancy!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment